Tuesday, March 1, 2016
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5...
We're in the final stretch. By this time next week we'll be in our apartment in Napa and a good chunk of our material life will be in a storage locker. We sign escrow papers this Friday. Movers show up Monday to pack what Dona hasn't already eagerly boxed up. And when that is done we caravan north to the promised land Monday afternoon. It's a marvelous outcome of how much work Dona put into getting us set up for this move months ago that at this point I have very little to do. Yesterday my day consisted of going out to breakfast, sending some emails and making some phone calls, taking a nice long bike ride, then playing guitar until it was time for us to go out to dinner with my sister and her husband. Having plenty of time I've spent a lot of it cruising the area looking at various places that I won't be seeing anytime soon and recalling memories associated with them. It's tempting to think of this as bittersweet but it's more aptly described as a sensible closure to my life in the south bay. It was a great run here but it's time for something new. And I'm ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment