Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Another voyager signals from the far reaches of space and time to say it's still here
We recently watched an illuminating and at this point in time somewhat poignant documentary on the history of the Voyager missions, which launched in the late 70s. The satellites are now 14 billion miles from earth but still occasionally being heard from. It reminded me that it's been seemingly a millennium since I posted to this blog. Either that or just over 5 years; time is a bit fuzzy these days. But like a spacecraft wandering the less limitless space/time continuum of the California universe I now send out a weak signal to let those who might still be listening know I'm still on the path set way back in early 2016. In December 2016 when I posted last we had yet to find the permanent home in Napa that we were seeking, but were comfortably living in a rental house on a beautiful piece of land with great views and figured we'd just stay there for some time. Never make plans. Three months later a home we'd looked at previously and dismissed became available a second time and we fell in love with it unexpectedly. We've now been in it for almost 5 years, thereby finally putting the trials of our itinerant past (see previous post) to rest. And we certainly feel lucky to have landed where we did as we were well situated to pass through the black hole that has been a shared pandemic existence for the world's population for 2 years. We're now beginning to see the stars again. And I will endeavor to make my signals stronger in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Signal received :)
Post a Comment