I couldn't start the first blog entry of my retirement with something as trite as "Today is the first day of the rest of my life". So I started munging the words initially as quirky joke until I hit on this one, which isn't a title that is completely without relevance. My day started with a rustling near me as I lay in bed enjoying the warmth and lack of a schedule to drive me to get up. When I opened my eyes, through the blur I saw Dona standing there with a tray on which was a smoothie, coffee, and the paper. She has been positively giddy about me retiring and decided to demonstrate that enthusiasm. So she started out my day 1 quite special.
This blog has been long dormant since I started it in 2006 as an experiment. I soon realized I wasn't so good at talking about myself unless it was in person. But I'm resurrecting it as the channel for my thoughts for the time being until Dona and I can set up something new that's more of a collaborative effort to document what happens with us in the next phase. I'll do my best to keep it meaningful and not just a diary of activity. But as a disclaimer please note the tag line that accompanies the name of this blog. It's likely at times to degenerate into bleatings and musings of questionable value beyond entertainment. You may experience dizziness, nausea, hair loss, reduced sexual desire, or explosive diarrhea. It's possible you may experience some of these things simultaneously.
That being said I hope we all have fun.
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment